Call now closed – thank you for your submissions
The Conference organizing committee invites researchers and practitioners worldwide to submit papers for review and possible presentation under the main topics covered by the conference scope.
Conference main topics
- System and component reliability and diagnostics
- Implications of smart grids for asset management
- AC and DC transmission & distribution systems – planning, operation & security
- Virtual Power Plants, Distributed Generation, Microgrids, and Energy Storage
- Grid integration of renewable energy sources
- Power electronics devices – modelling, application, control
- Grid and communications solutions for plug-in electric vehicles
- Modelling and deployment of plug-in electric vehicles and low-carbon transportations
- Sensors, communication and advanced metering infrastructure
- Smart/Virtual metering technology
- Intelligent monitoring and outage management – self healing grids
- Communication networks and solutions for Smart Grid
- Cyber and physical security systems and ICT
- Data acquisition, processing and management
- Wide Area monitoring, Protection and Control – WAMPAC
- Advanced modelling and control solutions and architectures
- Standards for smart grid and grid codes
- Architectures and models for the smart grid
- Regulatory aspects and market operations
- Dynamic pricing
- Intelligent demand management
- Load Forecasting
- Smart Grid network and service management
- Energy management and efficiency and end user benefits
- Field trials, deployments and lessons learnt
The list is only indicative of the key areas of discussion but is not restrictive, and additional topics would be considered for submission.
Paper submission procedure
Prospective authors are invited to submit an up to 4-pages summary of their proposed paper in English, following the instructions provided in Abstract Submission page. Extended abstracts should clearly indicate the nature of the paper’s technical/scientific contribution, and the problems, domains or environments to which it is applicable. The program committee will review all abstracts and their author will be notified by email of the result, on 15th June 2011.
Submissions are accepted from individuals, groups, or collectives as well as recognized organizations or individuals acting on behalf of entrants. More than one abstract may be submitted by the same author using a separate application for each.
The material proposed in the accepted abstracts should then be developed in full papers of up to 8 pages and submitted (here) before the 31st of July. If necessary, the number of pages can be increased up to a maximum of 10 (long presentations) at an additional cost which will be borne by the Author.
Authors will be informed about the final decision regarding their papers on 30th of September 2011. Authors of the accepted will have till 31st of October 2011 to revise their manuscripts prior to final submission.
Presentation of accepted papers is a requirement of publication. Any paper that is not presented at the conference will not be included in IEEE Xplore and Conference proceedings.
The accepted papers for the International Conference on Innovative Smart Grid Technologies will be included in a book of Conference proceedings, provided the presenter is registered by the due date. The Conference proceedings will also be available in electronic form (CD-ROM) and published in the IEEE Xplore database. Hard copies of the Conference proceedings will be available during the Conference days at the Secretariat at an additional cost.